Lakeview Pantry accepts in-kind donations of:
- Food Donations — unopened, unexpired, non-perishable food
- Goods: Personal hygiene, bathroom supplies, and cleaning supplies — new and unopened
Please contact Bill Thomas at (773) 525-1777 x 213 to make your food or other in-kind donations. All donations are tax-deductible.
Goods & Food Donation Drop-off Information
If you would like to make an in-kind donation, you can bring donations to The Hub:
Lakeview Pantry — The Hub:
5151 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60640
Drop off hours are Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm.
For more information about in-kind donations, please contact Bill Thomas at email@example.com or (773) 525-1777 x 213.
Large cases of shelf stable items (like those available at Costco) are especially valuable to us during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Lakeview Pantry’s most needed items include:
- Peanut butter
- Canned tuna
- Canned vegetables
- Canned fruit
For our programs:
- Printing services
- Offsite dry and cold storage
- Office supplies
- IT services
- Handyman services
- Gasoline cards
- Car washes
For our clients:
- CTA cards
- Dental services
- Vision services
- Feminine hygiene products
- Incontinence products
Items We Cannot Accept
For safety reasons, we cannot accept certain items (ex: produce, refrigerated and frozen items) from individuals. We also cannot accept food that is hot, catered, or cooked leftovers unless it is completely sealed with an ingredient list and expiration date visible. However, please note that if you represent a business or store, we can accommodate donations of perishable items – for more information please see “Large Food Donations from Businesses” below.
Here is the list of items that are not accepted:
- Hot, catered, or cooked leftovers
- Food that is expired
- Food containers that are opened
- Cribs, strollers, playpens, car seats and other infant equipment
- Medication – both prescription and over the counter
- Non-standard infant formula – including prescription-only, premature infants, lactose free, and added rice formulas
- Stuffed animals
- Bedding – pillows, sheets, blankets, and/or sleeping bags
- Household items such as books, kitchen supplies, appliances, decorations, etc.
Large Food Donations from Businesses
Lakeview Pantry accepts large food donations from grocers, packers and producers. There are many benefits involved including:
- Tax benefits
- Publicity on our social media channels and in our monthly E-News which is sent to more than 8,000 individuals
- Reduction in garbage and waste
- Your excess inventory goes toward a great cause!
We are able to make arrangements to pick up large food donations. We are also able to provide reports on your giving as often as needed. If you have any questions regarding making a large food donation, please contact Bill Thomas at 773-525-1777 ext. 213.