For New Volunteers
We have a dedicated volunteer corps of 5,000 volunteers. We are so grateful to have such a committed group of capable individuals. We have many volunteer opportunities in Chicago for adults, children, and families!
For Existing Volunteers
Existing volunteers who have gone through orientation can enter their information below to access their Personal Volunteer site. Existing volunteers can view their volunteer history and sign up for future shifts.
Our COVID-19 Response
As the need for food has drastically increased in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak, we will need the help of healthy volunteers to help us pack groceries, sort food, and other important tasks at all of our locations. For the safety of all, volunteer orientation sessions are being held virtually.
What You’ll Need
Our priority, as always, is the health and wellness of all.
- Masks: We mandate the use of cloth or other non-surgical masks at all Lakeview Pantry sites in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Screening Questions: You will also need to complete a brief self-assessment regarding your health.
- Travel Order: We are requiring that volunteers follow the guidance of the Chicago Emergency Travel Order.
Keeping You Safe
We are working hard to take extra precautions, including but not limited to:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces
- Providing gloves and hand sanitizer to our volunteers and staff
- Encouraging clients to wait in line 6 feet apart
- Offering only virtual volunteer orientation and social services sessions
Please put your health and safety first, especially if you are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. Lakeview Pantry truly appreciates the continued dedication of our volunteers during this difficult time. We are always exploring new process improvements to support social distancing. Learn more about our efforts here.
Bring together your team by being part of something bigger than yourselves. Corporate volunteer opportunities exist for groups of all sizes! Email us to get your group scheduled today!
Becoming a Lakeview Pantry Volunteer
- The first step is to complete our registration form by clicking here
- After you register, we will send you our virtual orientation and COVID-19 screening questions within two business days. (Please note: If you registered on the weekend, we will follow up the next business day.)
- Our virtual orientation covers volunteer responsibilities, our policies and how to get signed up for your first volunteer shift!
- All volunteers 18 years and younger must have a parent or guardian contact volunteers@
lakeviewpantry.org to register their youth.