Our COVID-19 Response
We continue to need the help of healthy volunteers to help us pack groceries, sort food, and other important tasks at all of our locations in response to COVID-19. For the safety of all, volunteer orientation sessions are being held virtually.
To help keep volunteers and staff safe, Lakeview Pantry will also be requiring all volunteers to submit proof of vaccination by November 1.
What You’ll Need
Our priority, as always, is the health and wellness of all.
- Masks: We mandate the use of cloth or other non-surgical masks at all Lakeview Pantry sites in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Screening Questions: You will also need to complete a brief self-assessment regarding your health.
- Travel Order: We are requiring that volunteers follow the guidance of the Chicago Emergency Travel Order.
- Vaccination: Please take a moment to upload your vaccination card to your personal volunteer site. On your home page, you will see a tab called “My Vaccine Information.” Click this tab and input your vaccine type, dose dates and upload a photo of your vaccination record.
Keeping You Safe
We are working hard to take extra precautions, including but not limited to:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces
- Providing gloves and hand sanitizer to our volunteers and staff
- Encouraging clients to wait in line 6 feet apart
- Offering only virtual volunteer orientation and social services sessions
Please put your health and safety first. Lakeview Pantry truly appreciates the continued dedication of our volunteers during this difficult time. We are always exploring new process improvements to support social distancing. Learn more about our efforts here.
Sheridan Market Tour
Explore our Sheridan Market, located at 3945 N. Sheridan Rd, with our virtual tour!
The Hub Tour
Tour our warehouse, The Hub, located at 5151 N. Ravenswood Ave!
La Casa Norte’s Fresh Market Tour
Explore La Casa Norte’s Fresh Market, located at 3533 W. North Ave, with our virtual tour!
Monthly Volunteer Bulletins
Every month, we send a volunteer bulletin with the latest news, announcements, shifts we need help with and fun volunteer stories from all of our locations! Fill out the form to sign up. Want to know what you’re getting? Check out a few of our past bulletins linked below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to schedule in advance or can I just show up to volunteer?
Can students and children volunteer?
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
16 & 17 years old:
- Minors age 16 & 17 are eligible for all shifts without a parent or guardian (with the exception of Home Deliveries which must be completed with an adult 18 or older).
- Anyone 16 or older can sign up online using their personal site after attending an orientation with a guardian and completing a youth waiver.
Family Volunteer Opportunities
All youth 15 years and younger must contact the Volunteer Team to sign up for a shift. Please email email@example.com to get on the schedule. 13-15 years old:
- Minors age 13-15 are able to volunteer at any shift as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
- A parent or guardian must attend orientation with a 13 to 15-year-old.
9-12 years old:
- Minors age 9-12 can attend some shifts as long as they are accompanied by an adult. Please review our available shifts and note which are marked with the icon for 9 to 12-year-olds.
8 years and younger: Due to the nature of the work involved, many of our shifts are not appropriate for children.
- Our Kid’s Advisory Council is a group of kids ages 5-13 who want to make a difference in their community. We meet quarterly to work on volunteer projects and learn about how to help fight hunger in our neighborhoods! Parents are encouraged to attend with their children. For more information, contact Grace Radzik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Saturday Home Delivery Set-Up from 9 – 11:30am shift is appropriate for children. This shift is very popular and fills up fast!
- A parent or guardian must attend orientation for youth under 8 years old to volunteer.