Existing volunteers who have gone through orientation can enter their information here to access their personal volunteer site. Existing volunteers can view their volunteer history and sign up for future shifts.
To help keep volunteers and staff safe, Lakeview Pantry requires all volunteers to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
What You’ll Need
- Masks: We mandate the use of cloth or other non-surgical masks at all Lakeview Pantry sites in accordance with CDC recommendations.
- Screening Questions: You will also need to complete a brief self-assessment regarding your health.
- Travel Order: Out of an abundance of caution, we are requiring that volunteers who have traveled to one of the states that require quarantine upon arrival not volunteer for 14 days. This also includes volunteers who have received a negative test since their return to Illinois.
Keeping You Safe
We are working hard to take extra precautions, including but not limited to:
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing of frequently touched surfaces
- Providing gloves and hand sanitizer to our volunteers and staff
- Encouraging clients to wait in line 6 feet apart
- Offering virtual volunteer orientation and social services sessions
Please put your health and safety first, especially if you are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. Per the CDC, this includes older adults and people with serious chronic medical conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease.
Lakeview Pantry truly appreciates the continued dedication of our volunteers during this difficult time. We are always exploring new process improvements to support the safety of all.
If you need to cancel your shift, please do so in advance by canceling via your personal site. This is helpful to us in finding a new volunteer to fill your spot. If you need to cancel within 24 hrs of your shift, please email the site for your shift. Their email is sent to you in a reminder email a few days before your upcoming shift.