Updated March 30, 2020. We will continue updating this page as more information becomes available.
As the city of Chicago announces a shelter-in-place order, Lakeview Pantry will remain open as an essential service. Volunteers and Staff are allowed to continue to serve at Lakeview Pantry and other essential organizations. Click here to read more from our CEO
In response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, Lakeview Pantry is modifying its food distribution model immediately in order to limit the possible transmission of the virus and keep our staff, volunteers and clients safe, while at the same time ensuring our neighbors in need get the food they need to feed themselves and their families. There are no known cases at Lakeview Pantry. We are just taking extra precautions to prevent any potential spread.
For clients: New food distribution procedures
- Distribution hours will be extended at our Sheridan Market (3945 N. Sheridan). New expanded hours are as follows:
• 11am – 4pm on Monday/Wednesday/Friday
• 4pm – 7:30pm on Tuesday/Thursday
• 10:30am – 3pm on Saturday
- We are limiting the number of people who enter the building, which means you will be greeted by a staff member or volunteer outside the front door who will fill out a notecard with some key information, including name, date of birth, monthly/weekly pickup preference, and whether you are a new client.
- Please wait in line as the notecard is processed, and when it’s your turn, you will be given a standard supply of nutritious groceries. There will be no personal shopping during the coronavirus outbreak.
- We understand you may receive some food items you’re not fond of. You may give your unwanted items to a neighbor in need, or let the receptionist know you don’t want something and place it in the “Returns” area. PLEASE DO NOT discard these items outside the building or in the Walgreens parking lot.
We understand that this model does not allow for choice of products, but to reduce the chances of virus transmission, we need to get folks in and out of the building as quickly as possible. We will resume normal operations as soon as it is safe to do so. Please know that you will receive a variety of healthy foods from each of the main categories including: dairy, meats, dry goods, and produce.
If choice of food product is still very important to you, we urge you to sign up for our Online Market which allows you to select and order your groceries from a mobile device or computer. We have recently added additional pickup options for our Online Market, including an option at our Sheridan Market! Specific pickup windows are selected during the registration process.
Online Market Order Placement: Tuesday by midnight for Thursday pickup; Thursday by midnight for Saturday pickup
Online Market Pickup Hours:
• The Hub, 5151 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Thursday: 1 – 7pm
NEW: Saturday: 11:30am – 3pm
• NEW: Sheridan Market, 3945 N. Sheridan Rd.
Thursday: 12 – 2pm
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (773) 302-0125.
Similar changes have been made to our distribution model at our La Casa Norte site as well.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we monitor this situation. We will adjust strategies as needed, with the goal of keeping us all safe and healthy moving forward. As an agency, we are monitoring guidance and taking our lead from the Chicago Public Health Department (CDPH) and the CDC. We are continuing to treat everyone who visits Lakeview Pantry with respect and dignity. Coronavirus does not target specific populations, socioeconomic status, ethnicities or racial backgrounds.
3945 N. Sheridan Rd.
Chicago, IL 60613
Pick up a pre-packaged box of healthy groceries following our new distribution model.
Extended Distribution Hours:
Mon, Wed, Fri: 11am – 4pm
Tues & Thur: 4 – 7:30pm
Saturday: 10:30am – 3pm
Lakeview Pantry provides Home Delivery services to our neighbors who cannot physically come into the Pantry on Saturdays.
Home Delivery Hours:
Saturdays from 11am
La Casa Norte
3533 W. North Ave. First Floor
Chicago, IL 60647
Pick up a pre-packaged box of healthy groceries at the Fresh Market or a to-go hot meal at the Community Café.
Fresh Market Hours:
Mon & Weds: 11am – 3pm
Community Café Hours:
Mon & Weds: 5:30 – 6:30pm
The Online Market allows you to place an order from a computer or smartphone and pick up from one of our locations.
Online Market Hours:
Order Placement: Tuesday by midnight for Thursday pickup; Thursday by midnight for Saturday pickup
The Hub, 5151 N. Ravenswood Ave.
Thursday: 1 – 7pm
NEW: Saturday: 11:30am – 3pm
NEW: Sheridan Market, 3945 N. Sheridan Ave.
Thursday: 12 – 2pm
For clients: Social Services
As a temporary response, Lakeview Pantry’s Social Services team is still offering the below services by phone call, video call, or email:
- Case management
- Mental wellness sessions
- Career empowerment sessions
Please reach out to our team by:
- Phone: 773-525-1777 ext. 300
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: 773-849-9659
Leave a message with your name, contact information, and service request and we will get in touch as soon as we can — we are here to help! Click here to download the flyer.
For volunteers and staff:
On a temporary basis, all volunteer orientations will be virtual. Individuals must email firstname.lastname@example.org and our staff will respond back with a video orientation link and steps to become an active Lakeview Pantry volunteer within 24 hours. We are asking that all staff and volunteers do the following to help prevent the spread of disease:
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. We are making sure to keep hand sanitizer in all public places at all Lakeview Pantry locations.
- You may wear the gloves we provide when handling food or serving clients. If you use gloves, please discard them after your shift. Do not save them.
- Try to reduce touching your nose, eyes, and mouth. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Then go wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Stay home if you are sick. If you have a fever, stay home until you are fever-free without fever-reducing medication for 24 hours.
- At Lakeview Pantry we already wipe down and clean public spaces after each distribution. We are going to add a few new tasks to the post-distribution cleaning procedures including wiping down frequently touched items like doorknobs, handrails, toilet handles, elevator buttons and rails, etc.
- Know the facts, don’t panic, and don’t spread rumors.
Lakeview Pantry is committed to supporting our neighbors and their families during the COVID-19 outbreak. 40% of Chicagoans live in economic hardship, which means the loss of just one paycheck or even one shift at work can cause a dramatic decrease in financial stability. Schools and businesses are closing throughout Chicago, and we are working tirelessly to distribute food safely to ensure those in need remain healthy and fed. We will be here to help those affected by this crisis, but we need your help! Please support our programs and our community with a gift today if you are able. $1 can provide 8 meals!
A few small actions can help us all stay healthy now and in the future. We are constantly monitoring the situation and will give updates in a timely manner to all Lakeview Pantry visitors, staff and volunteers.
The Lakeview Pantry Team