Hosting a food drive is a great way to get involved in your community!
If you or your group is interested in hosting a food drive — or in collecting financial donations during a food drive — we are happy to help you make it a success. Please keep in mind that we can only accept unopened, unexpired food items. Please contact Bill Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your food drive today!
Virtual Food Drives
Lakeview Pantry’s Virtual Food Drive is an easy and fun online alternative to a traditional non-perishable food drive.
Because Lakeview Pantry is able to purchase 8 meals for every $1 we receive, by creating your own personal fundraising page and encouraging your friends and family to give, you can make a far greater impact than you would by collecting food on your own!
If you’re interested in creating your own Virtual Food Drive, please email Grace Radzik at email@example.com to get set up today!
All funds raised in a Virtual Food Drive support Lakeview Pantry’s general operating expenses.
Food Drive Drop-off Information
If you would like to make an in-kind donation, you can bring donations to our Sheridan location:
Lakeview Pantry Sheridan: 3945 N. Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60613, (773) 525-1777
Drop off hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Please note that there is a free parking spot in front of our entrance; just put your hazard lights on. Please do NOT park in the Walgreens lot as your vehicle will be towed/booted.
For more information about in-kind donations, please contact Bill Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 525-1777 x 213.
Food Pantry and Programs Wishlists
Lakeview Pantry’s most needed items:
- Cereal and oatmeal (family size)
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, etc.)
- Microwaveable meals (ramen, mac and cheese, etc.)
- Baking supplies (sugar, flour, mixes, etc.)
- Shampoo and conditioner (full sizes)
For our programs:
- Printing services
- Offsite dry and cold storage
- Office supplies
- IT services
- Handyman services
- Gasoline cards
- Car washes
For our clients:
- CTA cards
- Dental services
- Vision services
- Feminine hygiene products
- Incontinence products
For questions or help getting started, please contact Bill Thomas at email@example.com or (773) 525-1777 ext. 213.
Items We CANNOT Accept
For safety reasons, we cannot accept certain items (ex: produce, refrigerated and frozen items) from individuals.
We also cannot accept food that is hot, catered, or cooked leftovers unless it is completely sealed with an ingredient list and expiration date visible.
However, please note that if you represent a business or store, we can accommodate donations of perishable items – for more information please see Large Food Donations from Businesses.
- Hot, catered, or cooked leftovers
- Food that is expired
- Food containers that are opened
- Cribs, strollers, playpens, car seats and other infant equipment
- Furniture and Luggage
- Medication – both prescription and over the counter
- Non-standard infant formula – including prescription-only, premature infants, lactose free, and added rice formulas
- Stuffed animals
- Bedding- pillows, sheets, blankets, and/or sleeping bags
- Household items such as books, kitchen supplies, appliances, decorations, etc.