SERVING FOOD AND HOPE IN HUMBOLDT PARK
A Location For the West Side
El Mercadito, a partnership between La Casa Norte and Nourishing Hope, serves Chicago residents struggling with hunger. The partnership between the two organizations is an innovative collaboration created from the mutual belief that basic human needs must be met before the cycle of poverty can be broken.
Are you a new client? Save time by pre-registering here!
Please be advised, you must be wearing a mask to receive services. Thank you for your cooperation and helping us keep our staff, volunteers and other clients safe!
El Mercadito provides:
- Nutritious groceries including fresh produce, dairy and meat.
- Access to Nourishing Hope’s comprehensive social services including public benefits assistance, job search training, and mental health counseling.
- Access to La Casa Norte’s information and referral services.
El Mercadito Social Services
Clients visiting El Mercadito will also be eligible for Nourishing Hope’s comprehensive social services. This includes:
- Public benefits assistance
- Job search training
- Mental health counseling
- Information and referral services
Professional counselors and social service interests working for you. There are no strings attached. There’s just service.