Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Volunteer Program Assistant – Part-Time. Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
If you are interested in joining our team, please click here to apply. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule & host corporate and community volunteer groups in regular/specialized volunteer opportunities with help of the Ambassador program.
- Lead volunteer crews of up to 25 volunteers per shift; ensure crews are trained and have proper assignments based on skill level and need.
- Maintain volunteer schedules and track recruitment efforts in Salesforce database.
- Onboard and orient new volunteers via volunteer orientations.
- Develop Lakeview Pantry volunteer community via volunteer bulletin/social media.
- Help support all new volunteer recruitment efforts, including Volunteer Program tabling events.
- High school education required.
- Two years of applicable work experience; nonprofit experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Possess knowledge/use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess interest in or experience with Salesforce.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Able to interact with diverse communities of varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Desire to raise awareness of hunger, poverty and other related issues to our constituents.
- An understanding of, and belief in the importance of food security for everyone.
- Volunteer Program Assistant must be available to work Wednesdays 10am – 4:30pm, Fridays 10am – 4:30pm and Saturdays 9am – 4pm (at least 20 hours per week).
- Flexible schedule preferred.