Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Development and Database Coordinator. Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Essential Job Functions:
Donor Database (50% of the position)
- Serve as point person for the database and uphold best practices in database management and ensure that other staff follow as well
- Ensure that external contacts are included in database; add and update records as needed.
- Manage gift entry procedure and prepare gift acknowledgement letters
- Create queries and produce various reports pertaining to the gift entry process, including departmental and financial reports.
- Respond to requests for information regarding gifts, generating queries of the constituency system gift information, and prepare gift reports.
- Add new constituent records to the database as needed, analyze information and populate all appropriate data fields.
- Provide exceptional customer service when responding to inquiries from donors about gifts and pledges.
- Manage tribute gifts and matching gifts, ensuring paperwork is processed and requirements are fulfilled
- Work with Finance to ensure reconciliation of gifts and pledges and coordinate all communication between the Development Department and Finance.
Support for Development Department (approximately 35% of the position)
- Provide support for the development team by assisting with prospect research, stewardship efforts, community outreach and communication follow-up as needed
- Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to track activity of the team
- Assist with details as assigned for fundraising events
- Coordinate invitation mailings, and managing RSVPs for events
- Monitor and maintain inventory of supplies needed for the development department (printed materials, appeal materials, letterhead, etc.)
- Complete special projects as assigned
Support for the CEO and Director of Development (approximately 10% of the position)
- Schedule meetings for CEO and Director of Development with donors, funders, and Board.
- Represent the CEO in written and oral communication when needed
- Provide donor research and supplementary materials as needed
Administration and Other (5%)
- Participate in bi-monthly development team meeting
- Participate in other meetings as requested
- Participate at each special event with duties as assigned
- Protect the organizations value by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties as assigned
Top Candidates Will Have:
- Associate degree or equivalent administrative office experience
- 2-3 years of experience in administrative work, nonprofit experience helpful
- Enthusiasm for mission-driven work and interest in food-insecurity and poverty
- Strong database skills needed (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Experience working under tight deadlines and meeting them
- Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with design software (such as Adobe Creative Suite) helpful
- Must be detail-oriented
- Position requires utmost integrity; ethical behavior and appropriate business practices are expected
- Must have ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills, and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Commitment to advancing as a professional in nonprofit development
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed