Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Volunteer Program Intern.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
Lakeview Pantry is looking for an engaging, hardworking, and organized individual to become our Volunteer Program Intern with Tyson Foods and Campus Compact. The duration of the internship will be from Monday, June 14 – Friday, August 6, 2021. The Volunteer Program Intern (VPI) will support the volunteer program by helping to manage a volunteer corps of over 5,000 and leading new opportunities to engage volunteers in a growing nonprofit organization.
One of Chicago’s largest and longest-operating food pantries, Lakeview Pantry’s mission is to eliminate hunger and poverty in our community by providing food to fill the basic need of hungry people; increasing the independence of our clients through innovative programs; and raising awareness of hunger and poverty and working towards solutions to eliminate them. The VPI will work with the Manager of Volunteers to accomplish the following:
- Increase outreach/retention efforts for community/corporate partners and colleges and universities.
- Create training resources to post on website and in internal communications.
- Schedule & host corporate and community volunteer groups in regular/specialized volunteer opportunities with help of the Ambassador program.
- Lead volunteer crews of 15-25 volunteers per shift; ensure crews are trained and have proper assignments based on skill level and need.
- Maintain volunteer schedules and track recruitment efforts in Salesforce database.
- Develop Lakeview Pantry volunteer community via volunteer bulletin/social media.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Possess knowledge/use of Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess interest in or experience with Salesforce.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to interact with diverse communities of varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Desire to raise awareness of hunger, poverty and other related issues to our constituents.
Availability & Eligibility:
- VPI will be available weekdays and some weekends for at least 35 hours per week. Flexible schedule preferred.
- Be a currently enrolled, undergraduate student who will be returning to college as a full-time (12 credit hours) sophomore, junior or senior in the fall of 2020.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to HR@lakeviewpantry.org.
No calls please!