Lakeview Pantry is looking for a bilingual Pantry Coordinator.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you! Lakeview Pantry is looking for a bilingual Pantry Coordinator to work at our Fresh Market at La Casa Norte (3533 W. North Avenue).
Scope and Responsibilities
The Pantry Coordinator will oversee and ensure a fair and organized system for food distribution at our partner location La Casa Norte. They will serve as a liaison for all pantry clients, and supervise all aspects of procurement, storage and distribution of goods. The Pantry Coordinator will primarily work out of our Fresh Market location (3533 W. North Avenue) but will be cross-trained to work when necessary at our other food programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Within a culture of great respect for our clients, distribute, collect and store food according to Pantry, state, and federal guidelines.
- In partnership with Food Acquisition Specialists, manage ongoing food inventory and donor relationships including: The Greater Chicago Food Depository, U.S.D.A., F.E.M.A and other partners.
- Maintain Pantry site sanitation that meets or exceeds government and monitoring agencies’ standards.
- Train and supervise volunteers to assist with food distribution in English and Spanish.
- Produce necessary reports required by supervisor, donors, and government agencies.
- Create and track benchmarks of the program’s success, and make recommendations for improvement.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years experience in a social services environment.
- Bilingual, able to read, write and speak English and Spanish proficiently.
- Familiarity with issues that are common among the population served including, but not limited to, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, mental and physical disability, and the elderly.
- Ability to obtain and maintain food service sanitation certification in accordance with municipal and state laws.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to use and maintain Salesforce client database.
- Ability to handle occasional volatile situations calmly, professionally and respectfully. Experience in Non-violent Crisis Intervention techniques is preferred.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required in both English and Spanish.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
No calls please!