Lakeview Pantry is looking for an Individual Giving Manager.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Lakeview Pantry (LVP) is looking for an engaging and dynamic Individual Giving Manager that will work to lead and strengthen a multi-faceted annual giving and major gifts program at the organization. This key leader will manage online and offline direct response fundraising including donor acquisition, renewal and stewardship efforts to reach an annual $3M revenue goal specific to individual donor cultivation and retention.
The Individual Giving Manager will work closely with the Chief Development Officer and development team to lead fundraising strategy for online and offline fundraising campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and project management skills. They will have a full understanding of how to build and leverage relationships and create strategic moves for donors and prospects. The Individual Giving Manager will engage systems to develop a major gifts donor prospect pipeline. The Individual Giving Manager will contribute to the overall fundraising goal of $4.7M.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and strengthen an individual giving strategy and refresh LVP’s acknowledgement/stewardship process for new and existing donors.
- Cultivate donor relationships with individuals; working with the Chief Development Officer to steward those with the capacity to contribute more.
- Cultivate Lakeview Pantry’s monthly donors.
- Develop and manage a process for prospect cultivation and stewardship of new and potential donors.
- Provide support to the development team and designate relationship mapping and portfolio assignments within the development team as possible.
- Develop and implement online and offline direct response donor acquisition, renewal, and special campaign strategies as needed for cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors and prospects to achieve revenue goals.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing and vendor partners to achieve timely and successful appeals.
- Work closely with the Development & Database Coordinator to pull and analyze reports and analysis to track and understand donor trends.
- Support donor cultivation and solicitation documentation through Salesforce pipeline, call notes and ticklers while generating thank you notes, follow-up letters and other communications as needed.
- Represent Lakeview Pantry in donor meetings, community events and other opportunities throughout the year.
- Provide support to the Chief Development Officer and the development department as needed/assigned.
- Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of Lakeview Pantry. Understand and serve as a key staff member in implementing the strategic direction and purpose of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years progressively responsible fundraising, specifically around individual giving.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and use of relational databases such as Salesforce and online fundraising portals.
- High level of attention to detail and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective donors and interact via telephone and in person with LVP’s board and donor/family representatives.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated record of success in executing on an individual giving plan.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and manage up accordingly.
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
No calls please!