Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Home Delivery Program Coordinator.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
This individual will coordinate Lakeview Pantry’s Home Delivery Program, which serves 850+ people with home-delivered food every month. Oversees and ensures a fair and organized system for food distribution. Supervises all aspects of procurement, storage and distribution of goods. Primarily works out of The Hub location (5151 N. Ravenswood) Tuesdays & Fridays from 9:30am-5:30pm and Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 8:30am-4:30pm.
Essential Job Functions
- Independently train and supervise program volunteers through shifts involved in prep, packing, and distribution of home deliveries, including on-site within neighboring senior buildings.
- Assist the Manager of Home Delivery in growth and expansion, as well as improving efficiency of the program.
- Engage in phone outreach with clients for screening, program overview, enrollment, and scheduling. Use phone interpretation services to engage with clients using other languages.
- Act as an ambassador of Lakeview Pantry to the larger community, helping the Manager of Home Delivery to develop and further foster relationships with community partners.
- Collect, store, and distribute food according to Pantry, state, and federal guidelines.
- Manage inventory and develop healthy menus for deliveries.
- Maintain Pantry site sanitation that meets or exceeds government and monitoring agencies’ standards.
- Create and track benchmarks of the program’s success, and make recommendations for improvement.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 – 2 years work experience in customer service, social services or grocery.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a cargo van.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Russian) preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong human relations skills.
- Creative and motivated self-starter.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle volatile situations calmly, professionally and respectfully.
- An understanding of and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and Saturdays.
No calls please!