Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Director of Social Services.
Do you want to be part of an organization who provides food to fill the basic need of hungry people, while empowering clients to achieve independence through social service programming? Are you interested in being the next leader of a growing mental health team? Come work for a cause you can believe in, at an organization that will believe in you, as Lakeview Pantry’s Director of Social Services!
The holistic wellness of all team members is a top priority at Lakeview Pantry, and as such clinical consultation, professional development and license upkeep are integral parts of the Mental Wellness Program. This position will have access to a professional development budget to fund continuing education training, workshops, and seminars. License upkeep and professional membership fees are also funded by Lakeview Pantry. Additionally, this position will report to a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor for weekly individual consultation and support, as well as regular group consultation and debriefing. There is no on-call requirement for this position.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Director of Social Services is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the mental wellness program and the case management program at Lakeview Pantry. This position sets the direction for our social services programs as well as supervises all aspects of these programs. This position will work closely with the Chief Program Officer to recommend and execute program growth. Managing a team of mental health professionals, this individual has the opportunity to shape the future of Lakeview Pantry’s mental health and case management offerings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and lead all aspects of the Social Services and Mental Wellness programs.
- Supervise clinicians and case managers.
- Manage intern program from recruiting through final evaluation.
- Manage drop-in case management services during distribution hours and long-term services by appointment.
- Allocate grants distributed to clients to assist with basic needs such as employment, housing, and health care.
- Ensure accurate client case records from all social services staff that include assessments, interventions and service plans, and case notes.
- Manage various private, corporate, and government grants.
- Provide information and referrals to connect clients with other social service agencies in the community.
- Manage and provide mental health counseling (individual, couple, and family) including intake, goal setting and regular sessions with clients.
- Create and manage social and educational programs aimed at building client community and decreasing social isolation.
- Build and foster partnerships with organizations that provide services that meet the needs of clients.
- Track distribution of funds, produce reports related to program activity, and comply with programming and reporting expectations of grants related to the program.
- Communicate the program’s operations and findings to staff, board, funders and the larger community.
- Provide training to staff and volunteers on relevant topics such as crisis intervention; and provide individual consults as needed.
- Act as an ambassador of the work of Lakeview Pantry to the larger community.
Top Candidates Will Have:
- Master’s in social work preferred or master’s in other human services field required.
- In process/Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) strongly preferred.
- Three to five years of recent experience addressing the needs of a similar service population, with proven clinical skills.
- At least two years of management experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Russian) preferred but not required.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Creative and motivated self-starter with a proven record of successful program development.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle client issues/situations calmly, professionally and respectfully.
- An understanding of and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
No calls please!