Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Director of Marketing and Communications.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
Lakeview Pantry is looking for a dynamic Director of Marketing and Communications to lead our brand efforts and internal and external marketing and communication initiatives. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications will lead the development of compelling marketing and communications around our mission, goals and outcomes to reach clients, volunteers, prospects, donors and community partners.
- Lead the development of compelling communications around our mission, our goals and outcomes to reach clients affected by food insecurity and who may benefit from Lakeview Pantry’s free programs and services.
- Lead the development of compelling communications around our mission, our goals and outcomes to build and expand networks of strategic and financial support to volunteers, prospects, donors and community partners.
- Oversee brand use across the organization to maintain consistency.
- Manage internal communication to employees, including use of Slack, etc.
- Supervise the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
- Oversee and lead the communications calendar, including online, social media and print communications.
- Oversee the e-newsletter strategy for volunteers, donors and clients.
- Oversee the Lakeview Pantry website and social media accounts. Understand analytics and make recommendations to maximize user interaction and donor conversion.
- Provide design and content strategy for online communications and any event marketing, including: e-newsletter, online fundraising campaigns, and social networking sites.
- Lead external media relations efforts; source stories, identify media targets, develop materials, and pitch to secure local and national media coverage. Track the Pantry’s media coverage. Help train the Leadership team to serve as spokespeople for the organization.
- Create ongoing template materials (slide presentations, print materials, etc.) for the organization including events, volunteer training materials and meetings.
- Lead coordination of external graphic design and printing services for merchandise, stationary, brochures, event invitations, posters and banners.
- Manage budget, RFP process and tracking of expenses for Marketing & Communications.
- Act as an ambassador of the work of Lakeview Pantry to the larger community.
Top Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: fundraising, development, public relations or communication experience with a range of online and written communications, including website maintenance, SEO, and social media.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with ability to multitask and/or delegate.
- Spanish speaker a plus.
- Proficient in using Google suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High emotional intelligence with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experienced supervisor.
- Experience in building networks amongst stakeholders and supporters of a nonprofit or organization.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar donor software.
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Suite and graphic design is a plus.
No calls please!