Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Director of Marketing and Communications.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for spearheading the Pantry’s brand efforts and leading internal and external marketing and communication initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications will oversee the brand strategy to help amplify the mission, goals and outcomes to reach clients, volunteers, prospects, donors and community partners. The organization is seeking a dynamic leader who captures the heart of the Pantry in fighting hunger and feeding hope.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee, articulate and promote the Lakeview Pantry brand.
- Deliver a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations strategy to enhance the Pantry’s brand awareness and amplify its presence within the human service space.
- Design and lead the communications calendar for internal/external audiences, including online, social media and print communications.
- Lead and execute the development of compelling organization communications/marketing materials to engage stakeholders.
- Oversee the evolution of Lakeview Pantry newsletters, website and social media accounts. Understand analytics and make recommendations to maximize user interaction and volunteer/donor conversion.
- Supervise the Marketing & Communications Coordinator.
- Provide design and content strategy for event marketing, including online fundraising campaigns.
- Lead external media relations efforts: source stories, identify media targets, develop materials, and pitch to secure local and national media coverage. Track the Pantry’s media coverage.
- Maintain and update template materials (slide presentations, print materials, etc.) for the organization including meetings, events and volunteer training.
- Manage budget and RFP process for Marketing & Communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing, public relations or communications, with a range of online and written communications, including website maintenance, SEO, and social media.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with ability to multitask and/or delegate.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Proficient in using Google suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High emotional intelligence with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experienced supervisor.
- Experience in building networks amongst stakeholders and supporters of a nonprofit or organization.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar donor software.
No calls please!