Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Director of Food Acquisition and Logistics.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Food Acquisition and Logistics will lead all operations including food acquisition, warehousing and logistics, fleet management, and delivery to Lakeview Pantry spokes. In addition, this position will be responsible for overall food purchasing and facilities management. Successful candidates will possess a mix of strategy, hands-on execution, and innovation in food acquisition and delivery models.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and manage food acquisition and logistics, facilities management, and fleet operations (5 vehicles) for Lakeview Pantry.
- Manage an overall operations staff of eight with two direct reports including the Manager of Food Operations and Driver Supervisor.
- Coordinate the annual food acquisition, logistics, and facilities operational plans.
- Prepare departmental and capital budgets and provide ongoing analytic assessment of process against each.
- Manage the overall food and operations purchasing for LVP, ensuring the necessary food/non-food items are available for LVP spokes, within budget and consistent with overall food sourcing goals.
- Acquire new in-kind food donors, steward existing donors, and partner with the Development team to facilitate a seamless relationship for in-kind food and monetary donors.
- Collect and analyze data regarding the operational performance. Prepare and present reports to the CEO, Board of Directors and the Leadership Team.
- Actively participate as a member of the Leadership Team.
- Serve as thought partner to the CEO and the Leadership Team on areas related to food acquisition, operations and facilities management.
- Demonstrate a passion for Lakeview Pantry’s mission and an eagerness to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of Lakeview Pantry.
- Act as back up (as needed) for direct reports including food pick-ups and/or deliveries.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred but will consider equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of professional experience, with a minimum of three years of experience supervising staff. Experience in food supply chain management, grocery, and/or anti-hunger or anti-poverty organization a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate operational models.
- Ability to bounce between strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- Proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation.
- Business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to manage against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Strong ability to analyze and use data to drive decision making.
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to handle multiple assignment prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Easily navigates technology; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other desktop publishing tools. Knowledge of Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with ability to make effective oral presentations to large and small groups.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a van.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move (with a pallet jack) up to 1000 pounds.
No calls please!