Lakeview Pantry is looking for a Bookkeeper.
Come work for a cause you can believe in – at an organization that will believe in you!
Scope and Responsibilities
Lakeview Pantry is currently operating on a $5.6M budget, with an ambitious strategic plan that will see the budget grow to over $7.5M by FY24. During this time, the Pantry will be expanding its programming, including adding a new location in the city.
The Bookkeeper will be part of a small but growing Finance/Operations team, and they will be responsible for carrying out the day to day financial responsibilities under the supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration. While the primary focus of this role will be to work within our accounting software (Quickbooks Online), the role will also require flexibility and a willingness to support the greater Lakeview Pantry team in other functions as needed.
- Ensure finances are managed in accordance with established accounting policies.
- Oversee and perform daily accounting tasks, including accounts payable and biweekly payroll administration, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete month-end close activities, including bank and credit card account reconciliation, sending budget reports, and pulling financial analysis reports for monthly financials.
- Manage expense budgets to ensure accurate cost allocation (i.e., Class, Fund).
- Oversee revenue reconciliation procedures with the Development Department, to ensure consistent, accurate reporting and financial projections.
- Oversee invoice processing, including monthly vouchering of state and federal government grants.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to the financial internal controls as needed.
- Support the Director of Finance & Administration with the annual budgeting process.
- Perform clerical tasks (invoice creation, filing, mailing, scheduling) in support of the Finance team as needed.
- Support the Director of Finance & Administration in the annual audit.
Top Candidates Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent work experience; knowledge of nonprofit accounting
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; proven ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including use of complex formulas
- Eagerness to learn, master, and improve processes and reporting
- Ability to work excess hours during busy seasons as needed (calendar and fiscal year end)
- Experience with Quickbooks Online preferred
- Experience running payroll in ADP Run preferred
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone
No calls please!