Lakeview Pantry is looking for an Avondale Temporary Assistant.
Lakeview Pantry is looking for additional help due to the COVID-19 response and the upcoming holiday season. This position is temporary beginning immediately through March 1, 2021 with the possibility of an extension due to the dynamic nature of the response.
Scope and Responsibilities
The Avondale Temporary Assistant is responsible for all aspects of running the Avondale site including on-site volunteer supervision and leadership, accepting and ensuring food safety of incoming donations, sending out orders to other locations, and maintaining warehouse inventory. This position oversees and ensures a fair and organized system for food distribution and serves as a liaison for all Pantry clients. The person in this position will supervise all aspects of procurement, storage and distribution of goods. This position requires the employee to spend most of the day moving around the site and working with and around other people. The work is primarily out of our Avondale location (2718 W. Roscoe) Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8am to 12pm and Tuesdays from 8am to 3pm.
Essential Job Functions
- Run shifts of volunteers, teaching them to stage food for packing, send out food orders, and organize the Avondale space.
- Within a culture of great respect for our clients, distribute food according to Pantry, state, and federal guidelines.
- Assist the Manager of Food Operations and Logistics in maintaining an inventory of the Avondale space.
- Learn and teach Pantry standards for food safety and quality.
- Operate a pallet stacker and safely move pallets of food around the warehouse. Experience operating a pallet stacker is desirable but not required; employee can be trained on this after hire.
- Assist in maintaining the warehouse: report or correct safety hazards and help with day-to-day facility needs.
- Manage deliveries of food going out to other locations, ensuring that the correct food is sent.
- Communicate needs, issues, and schedules with the Director of Food Acquisition and Operations as well as other Pantry staff.
- Work with Manager of Food Operations to maintain and improve warehouse systems and inventory.
- High School Diploma or strong work history.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a service environment.
- Solid computer skills including a working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and be “on call” as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage groups of people working on multiple tasks.
- Logistical, organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle shifting and multiple priorities.
- An understanding of, and belief in, the importance of food security for everyone.
No calls please!