Money-Saving Tips: Add Your Idea!
Do you have simple tricks for saving money day to day? Lakeview Pantry wants to know!
We are currently compiling a list of money-saving tips for our clients and community.
Mention @Lakeviewpantry, email email@example.com, or add to our facebook thread here to add your idea: https://www.facebook.com/LakeviewPantry/posts/10152211929085772?stream_ref=10.
And here is our list in progress:
- Revisit your local library! Libraries have so much great free things like books, videos, and passes for museums.
- Make a weekly meal plan and go grocery shopping once for the week.
- Make a pot of coffee in the morning and take a ‘Bubba’ mug of coffee of it to work.
- Use your credit card like a checking account. Keep a registry starting with the money you have for the week, go shopping at the start of the week, pay with your credit card and subtract your purchase from your registry. You stay on budget and you get cashback from your credit card
- Google for printable coupons on brand named items you buy already.
- If you have AAA don’t forget to ask if places like hotels honor their discount. Other places that you wouldn’t expect offer 10% on purchases!
- Use baking soda to clean your tub and sinks
- Use baking soda and vinegar to clear sink clogs
- Visit museums on their free days
- For holiday and birthday gifts, spend time with your loved one on an outing, like a free day at a museum
- Shop at thrift stores, sometimes you can find unused clothing with the original tags still on
- Ask stores for discounts! When I lost my job and had to get contact lenses, I told my local vision store I was leaving them since I found cheaper lenses online – they said they would match whatever price I found online.
- Many theater companies will let you watch their plays for free if you volunteer as an usher
- Visit our Manager of Client Services, Jennie, to see if you qualify for LIHEAP (utility assistance), SNAP benefits (food stamps or Link card), a government cell phone, or other benefits