Lakeview Pantry accepts in-kind donations of:
- Food — new and unopened items
- Clothing — new or used in clean and good condition
- Household items like dishes, kitchen supplies, books
- Personal hygiene, bathroom supplies, and cleaning supplies — new and unopened
Please contact Lothar Greski at 773.525.1777 x12 to make your food or other in-kind donations. All donations are tax-deductible.
Items We Can’t Accept
- For food safety reasons, we cannot accept perishable items (ex: produce, refrigerated and frozen items) from individuals. However, please note that if you represent a business or store, we may be able to accommodate donations of perishable items – for more information please see Large Food Donations from Businesses
- Food that is expired
- Food containers that are opened
- Cribs, strollers, playpens, car seats and other infant equipment
- Medication – both prescription and over the counter
- Non-standard infant formula - including prescription-only, premature infants, lactose free, and added rice formulas
- Stuffed animals
Drop off Information
If you would like to make an in-kind donation, we have two locations where you can bring the donations:
- Lakeview Pantry East: 3831 N. Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60613, (773) 525-1777
Drop off hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Please note that there is a free parking loading zone immediately in front of the door.
- Lakeview Pantry West: 1414 W. Oakdale, Chicago, Illinois 60657, (773) 404-6333
Drop off hours: Tuesday and Thursday 4:30-8:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
For more information about in-kind donations, please contact Lothar Greski, Community Outreach Coordinator at Lothar@lakeviewpantry.org or (773) 525-1777 x12.