Donate Foods, Goods or Services
Lakeview Pantry accepts in-kind donations of:
- Food—unopened, unexpired items
- Personal hygiene, bathroom supplies, and cleaning supplies—new and unopened
- Clothing—Our Sheridan site does not distribute or accept donations of clothing. However, our Oakdale site accepts clothing donations in clean, good condition.
Please contact Sarah Roman at 773.525.1777 x 212 to make your food or other in-kind donations. All donations are tax-deductible.
Lakeview Pantry’s most needed items:
Shelf stable juice
Cereal and oatmeal
Coffee (No K-Cups)
Shampoo and conditioner
Single-ride CTA passes
Wishlist of most-needed miscellaneous items.
For our programs:
- Printing services
- offsite dry and cold storage
- office supplies
- IT services
- Handyman services
- gasoline cards
- car washes
For our clients:
- CTA cards
- Dental services
- Vision services
Drop-off InformationIf you would like to make an in-kind donation, we have two locations where you can bring the donations:
Lakeview Pantry Sheridan: 3945 N. Sheridan Rd, Chicago, Illinois 60613, (773) 525-1777
Drop off hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Please note that there is a free parking spot in front of our entrance, just put your hazard lights on. Please do NOT park in the Walgreens lot as your vehicle will be towed/booted.
Lakeview Pantry Oakdale: 1414 W. Oakdale, Chicago, Illinois 60657, (773) 525-1777
Drop off hours: Tuesday and Thursday 4:30-8:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
If you want to drop off donations of clothing only outside of these hours, there is an outdoor orange collection bin immediately in front of the door.
For more information about in-kind donations, please contact Sarah Roman, Community Engagement Coordinator at sarah@lakeviewpantry. or (773) 525-1777 x 212.
Large Food Donations from Businesses
Lakeview Pantry accepts large food donations from grocers, packers and producers. There are many benefits involved including:
• Tax benefits
• Publicity in our monthly E-News which is sent to more than 4,000 individuals
• Reduction in garbage and waste
• Your excess inventory goes toward a great cause!
We are able to make arrangements to pick up large food donations. We are also able to provide reports on your giving as often as needed. If you have any questions regarding making a large food donation, please contact our Community Outreach Coordinator, Sarah Roman, at 773-525-1777 ext. 212.
Items We Cannot Accept
For safety reasons, we cannot accept certain items (ex: produce, refrigerated and frozen items) from individuals. However, please note that if you represent a business or store, we may be able to accommodate donations of perishable items – for more information please see Large Food Donations from Businesses above.
Here is the list of items that are not accepted:
- Food that is expired
- Food containers that are opened
- Cribs, strollers, playpens, car seats and other infant equipment
- Medication – both prescription and over the counter
- Non-standard infant formula – including prescription-only, premature infants, lactose free, and added rice formulas
- Stuffed animals
- Bedding- pillows, sheets, blankets, and/or sleeping bags
- Household items such as books, kitchen supplies, appliances, decorations, etc.
- Clothing – Our Sheridan site does not distribute or accept clothing donations. However, our Oakdale site accepts clothing donations in clean, good condition.